Tips on throwing a bridal shower!
I had the honor of helping plan a bridal shower for my amazing stepsister with my stepmom, sister and cousin a couple weeks ago. It was such a special shower for such a special couple. It's hard to believe that May is already on it's way, you two!
Fresh off the planning committee I thought I would share my experience planning a shower.
1. Lists are your best friend! My stepmom, Sister, cousin and I all sat down and made a master list of everything that NEEDED to be done. This was a general list, i.e.- Invites, centerpieces, guest list, etc.)
2. Once we had the overall checklist we divided duties up. My stepmom took the location scouting and food, my cousin took centerpieces, my sister took games and paper decor, I took invites and guestbook. The more help the merrier (and less crazed) your experience will be!
3. Next was the fun part: We brainstormed decor ideas and made a list of all the things we would need to make our vision happen.
4. Being on a group email/chat was a lifesaver as well. Everyone was always in the loop and scheduling a trip to Pat Catans was easy!
5. Teamwork makes the dream work. We truly worked as a team to do this for my sister! I highly recommend gathering bridesmaids or family members to help.
6. RELAX! It's going to be a great party no matter what you do, and the bride will just be happy to not be planning something (haha!) and so grateful, just watch! (She may even cry and then you will cry-- or maybe that's just me.) ;)
Happy Bridal Shower season (and Spring)! For even more inspiration scroll down and check out some of the decor that my sister and cousin envisioned and brought to life! (Pinterest and etsy may have helped, but my sis and cousin are also just amazing.)
To check out Lindsie and Morgan's engagement shoot, click here.